March 15 2023 – 7 November 2023
Project Based Employment
The Asia-Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management Philippines (A-PAD PH) is a non-stock, non-profit organization that fosters collaboration between humanitarian organizations/civil society organizations, the private sector, academe, media, and the government in delivering emergency response and early recovery and in undertaking projects for rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, and addressing the vulnerabilities of peoples and communities.
A-PAD PH is part of a transnational disaster aid alliance that works to facilitate cooperation and understanding between governments, the private sector, and NGOs in the Asia Pacific Region.
Strengthening community resilience for disaster preparedness and disaster response through multi-sectoral collaboration
The layout designer will be under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator. The purpose of the job is to create eye-catching media for printed pages and screens geared towards A-PAD PH partnership building and resource mobilization. S/he is expected to ensure that the text, images, and media is perfectly balanced on the page to ensure a pleasant reading experience, and effective branding in accordance with A-PAD PH and donor visibility requirements.
● Plans and illustrates concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetics.
● Works with the Communications Coordinator, in the design concept of organizational and project related collaterals and ensures its completion.
● Obtains approval of concepts by preparing rough layouts for review
● Create promotional materials for the organization including but not limited to: event flyers, event publications, infographics, teasers, multimedia presentations, and social media cards, materials.
● Examining page proofs for final approval.
● Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
● Ensure that branding of the project is observed in all project materials.
● In coordination with Communications Coordinator, come up with newsletter to donors and partners.
● Obtains final copy and art by typesetting, printing, and similar equipment and by making purchases from vendors when required.
● Coordinates with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects.
● Reviewing successful campaigns and adjusting strategies accordingly.
● Perform other related tasks that may be assigned by the Project Manager.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent background/experience in graphic design, visual arts, industrial design.
● Minimum of 3 years of experience as a layout designer or graphic designer.
● Experience in development/humanitarian work is a major advantage.
● Proficiency with industry desktop publishing tools including Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Illustrator, etc.
● Strong graphic design & layout skills.
● Artistic and drawing skills.
● Creative, Flexible, Attention to detail, and Deadline-oriented.
● Ability to work as part of a team.
● Handles rejection.
● Highly effective, creative, and can work with minimal supervision.