Davao City with travels within Mindanao
8 November 2022 – 8 November 2023
Project Based Employment
The Asia-Pacific Alliance for Disaster Management Philippines (A-PAD PH) is a non-stock, non-profit organization that fosters collaboration between humanitarian organizations/civil society organizations, the private sector, academe, media, and the government in delivering emergency response and early recovery and in undertaking projects for rehabilitation, disaster risk reduction, and addressing the vulnerabilities of peoples and communities.
A-PAD PH is part of a transnational disaster aid alliance that works to facilitate cooperation and understanding between governments, the private sector, and NGOs in the Asia Pacific Region.
Strengthening community resilience for disaster preparedness and disaster response through multi-sectoral collaboration
The Regional Coordinator is responsible for the strategic implementation of the project in the Davao Region, SOCCSKSARGEN, and CARAGA. S/he will work in partnership with the A-PAD Regional Platform members to produce expected outputs and outcomes in the project sites.
● Primary responsible for the smooth implementation of the activities stated in the project including submission of reports as required by the donor agency.
● Develop, strengthen and nurture effective working relationships with A-PAD Davao, A-PAD SOCCSKSARGEN, and expansion in CARAGA Region
● Coordinates with government agencies and other relevant sectors for the implementation of the project.
● Conducts field work when necessary.
● Build a network of resources (human, technical, financial, etc.) to support A-PAD PH activities, especially during emergencies.
● Provide support to the national office in administering national and international events, trainings, and meetings.
● Administer/manage A-PAD Regional Platform meetings.
● Provide support in preparing promotional materials such as brochures, briefers, etc. for dissemination.
● Ensure accurate documentation and filing systems of all project activities (including contracts, memorandum of agreements, memorandum of understanding, monitoring and evaluation reports, and photographic evidence of outputs, among others);
● Provides support in writing the final project report and other requirements.
● Manages the daily financial resources in accordance with the approved budget by the donor.
● Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator.
● Preferably with a Degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, or equivalent experience.
● Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant professional work experience and possess skills in networking and facilitation.
● Experience in partnership with and providing support to government agencies, the private sector, academe, and civil society groups.
● Has strong interpersonal skills.
● Has keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
● Fluency in written and spoken English and Filipino; Bisaya is an advantage but required.
● Can work well in highly stressful situations, prioritizes deliverables, and meet reasonable deadlines.
● Willing to travel to other regions.
● Able to work independently with little supervision.